Education & Fellowships:
- 1977- Completed his medical studies, including BSC in Immunology, at the University College Hospital Medical School in London
- 1988-1990- Completed a combined Clinical and Research Fellowship at the Harvard Joint Center for Radiotherapy
- 1995- Visiting lecturer at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Dr Pfeffer was a pioneer in introducing modern radiotherapy techniques in Israel. These included Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT), stereotactic radiosurgery for brain lesions and extracranial stereotactic radiotherapy (SBRT).
Dr Pfeffer has published over 80 scientific articles on clinical and research aspects of Radiotherapy. His research projects included the effects of combined modality therapy of radiation with chemotherapy and the use of modern image guided radiotherapy.
Academic & Professional Experience:
- 1995- 2010- Chairman of the Radiation Oncology Unit at the Chaim Sheba Medical Center and is on the academic staff of the Tel Aviv University
- Since 2010- Senior physician at the Oncology Institute of Assuta Medical Center in Tel Aviv
- A member of the following scientific organizations: American Society for Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), European Society for Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ESTRO), American Society for Clinical Oncology(ASCO), American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society (ISRS) , and he was a member of the organizing committee, 3rd biennial meeting of ISRS, 2001
- Participates in clinical studies with the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Radiotherapy Group
- Chairman of the Supervisory Committee Israel Oncology Society
- Chairman of the Israel Radiotherapy Group, Member of the Helsinki Ethics Committee at the Chaim Sheba Medical Center
- Chairman of the Radiotherapy Examination Committee of the Israel Board of Clinical Oncology and Radiotherapy
- Member of the Quality Assurance subcommittee of ASTRO