Medical check-up (express examination) in Israel
What is check-up
Israel is ahead of the world for many years by such indicators as citizens’ life expectancy and state of health. It is connected, at first, with a high level of medicine in the country that is not only fighting against diseases successfully but also cares for prophylactic and diagnostic in the early stages. The most effective means to prevent diseases nowadays, to estimate risk factors of pathologies occurrence and detect illnesses at the initial stages are programs called check-up.
Check-up it’s a complex express diagnostic which includes the medical examination, laboratory and instrumental studies.
Types of check-up programs
In Israel medical check-up is carried out on children and adults, for people with good state of health and for those who feels uncomfortable and wants to find out the reason. There are some check-up programs in Israeli clinics that are selected depending on gender, age, and state of health.
We’ll introduce you some of the most popular programs shortly.
♦ Base check-up for men and women
|Diagnostic activities for men||Diagnostic activities for women|
|• Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test-tumor marker of prostate cancer.||• Gynecologist`s examination;
• PAP smear (is a test that allows identifying cellular changes in the epithelium of the cervix);
• transvaginal ultrasound;
|General diagnostic activities|
|1. Medical examinations (by a therapist, nutritionist, ophthalmologist, otolaryngologist, cardiologist) with checking up the blood pressure, hearing, sight, measurements of person`s hight and weight
2. Laboratory research
• blood tests for more than 20 indicators (biochemical, complete blood count, lipid profile, homocysteine, vitamin B12, folic acid, sugar, etc.);
• general analysis of urine (on the level of protein, sugar, erythrocytes, white blood cells, monocytes, PH, epithelial cells, microbes presence);
• A fecal test on containing blood (provides from 40 years).
3. Instrumental diagnostics:
• ultrasound of the abdominal cavity;
• ECG in state of rest and with exercises;
• digital chest X-ray.
♦ Base check-up for children
In addition to early detection of diseases, the complex check-up of the child sets a goal to control his development. Check-up is recommended to be performed starting from 18 months age, especially if the child often complains of fatigue or pain. The program of children’s check-up includes the following procedures:
- specialists’ consultations (pediatrician, ophthalmologist, orthopedist, otolaryngologist, gastroenterologist);
- laboratory diagnostics (clinical analysis of urine and blood, analysis of feces, (scraping) on enterobiasis);
- instrumental diagnostics (Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity and heart, ECG).
According to WHO data, many chronic diseases develop in childhood. Complex examination helps to detect pathological processes and prevent them from moving into the chronic.
♦ Oncological check-up
A lot of specialized check-ups are held in Israel: cardiological, gastroenterological, gynecological, endocrinological, genetic, etc.
They are engaged if the person has problems in the functioning of certain organs and systems or there are severe chronic diseases among his close relatives.
The most popular check-up is oncological.
Oncological check-up includes:
- consultations with oncologist, surgeon, gynecologist (for women), urologist, hematologist;
- laboratory tests (blood tests, including oncomarkers, feces analysis for occult blood);
- instrumental research (radiography, ultrasound of various organs, mammography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, radioisotope scanning of bones).
When all checks are completed, the patient receives a general conclusion about the state of his health.
Advantages of check-up in Israel
Thousands of people arrive in Israel every year to perform a comprehensive examination.
They are attracted by a number of particular qualities:
- modern medical equipment and technologies of the latest generation are used during the examination that is ensuring accuracy of indications;
• the opportunity to get to a consultation to experienced specialists, famous in the whole world;
• the quickness of the procedures completing (on average, the test takes 3-4 hours, in some cases 1-2 days);
• Individual approach to every patient, consideration of all wishes, opportunities and features;
• high level of service (support of a personal assistant, impeccable politeness and kindness of medical personnel).