Ophthalmology and eyes oncology treatment in Israel
Israel is one of the world leaders in the field of medicine. The country is especially famous for its cardiologists, orthopedists, specialists in reproductive medicine, neurosurgeons. Israel also has the leadership in ophthalmology, including the malignant eye diseases treatment. Due to using the new diagnostic and treatment equipment, advanced techniques and technologies, 93% of the patients in ophthalmology departments of Israeli clinics manage to restore, save or improve sight.
The patients who were recognized hopeless in their native country are taking care of in Israel. And doctors return the health to many of them, make the quality of life much better.
Eyes diseases that are treated in Israel
Israeli’s doctors fight effectively with different eye diseases, including oncological ones. Let’s make a list of some of them.
- Glaucoma – a constant increase of the intraocular pressure, that leads to sight defects and optic nerve atrophy.
- Cataract – clouding of the eye lens, causing discomfort and loss of sight.
- Strabismus (including the children’s one) – condition when eyes don’t properly align with each other.
- Retinal detachment – eye retina separation from the vascular due to myopia, trauma, tumors, etc.
- Retinal degeneration – degeneration of retina caused by the photoreceptors damage.
- Keratoconus – the process of the eye cornea thinning, that causes it to the conical shape.
- Ptosis – inherent or obtained drooping eyelids.
- Pterygium – triangular shape ingrowth on the cornea surface.
- Chalazion – the chronic inflammation of the eyelid margin and tarsus because of the meibomian gland channel blocking.
- Blepharospasm – uncontrolled involuntary muscle contractions of the ocular circular muscle.
- Dacryocystitis (including newborns) – inflammation of the lacrimal sac.
- Corneal burn – cornea damage due to chemical or thermal effects, bright light (photo-burn).
- Mechanical eyes trauma.
- Malignant tumors of the eyelids.
- Malignant retinal tumors.
- Malignant tumors of the orbit of the eye (the eye-pit).
- Conjunctival tumors.
Ophthalmic diseases methods of treatment in Israel
Israeli ophthalmologists use the wide range of eyes diseases and traumas treatment methods.
- medical treatment;
- contact lenses and special glasses correction;
- ultraviolet irradiation;
- laser coagulation – pathological tissues destruction by laser
- cryodestruction – tumor cells destruction with the help of low temperatures;
- surgical removal of pathological tissues;
- multifocal lenses and intrastromal corneal rings implantation (special devices for the curvature of the cornea surface changing).
Israeli specialists are the authors of some unique ophthalmologic developments.
For example, the doctor Omri Ben-Ezra invented electronic glasses “Amblyz” for treatment children`s “lazy eye” (amblyopia). Due to this disease, one eye almost doesn’t work or can’t work at all.
The liquid crystalline lens is placed into the “Amblyz” glasses. It closes the healthy eye and becomes untransparent for a short period of time making the second eye to work.
Thanks to the glasses the child reveals from the bandage and does not forget how to use both eyes.